Topic: Capital One and Capital One Bank

Using qbankmanager (which works for some credit card accounts), I get the following results:

3:2009/01/22 10-28-46:QBankManager(27805):cppgui.cpp:  524: Checking cert
5:2009/01/22 10-28-46:QBankManager(27805):cppgui.cpp:  533: Automatically accepting certificate [FA:48:46:92:88:24:4E:41:91:26:D1:3C:D9:94:38:77]
3:2009/01/22 10-28-46:(null)(27805):network.c:  343: Got an error response (500: Internal Server Error)

Sending:
-------------------------------------
OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:20090122102833.000

<OFX><SIGNONMSGSRQV1><SONRQ><DTCLIENT>20090122102833.000<USERID>userid
<USERPASS>password
<LANGUAGE>ENG<APPID>QWIN<APPVER>1200</SONRQ></SIGNONMSGSRQV1><BANKMSGSRQV1><STMTTRNRQ><TRNUID>20090122102833.000<CLTCOOKIE>1<STMTRQ><BANKACCTFROM><BANKID>056073502<ACCTID>9999999999<ACCTTYPE>CHECKING</BANKACCTFROM><INCTRAN><INCLUDE>Y</INCTRAN></STMTRQ></STMTTRNRQ></BANKMSGSRQV1></OFX>
-------------------------------------

I also couldn't get OFXget to work, but that may be because of using the IcedTea jvm.  I did get it to return choices of "Capital One" and "Capital One Bank" by entering Capital+One in the search field, but selecting one of them did not do anything more.

Entering Capital+One+Bank did proceed, opening a new window, when I selected the result.

Entering account and password and clicking 'download' resulted in an
alert,

Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for URL: https://onlinebanking.capitalone.com/sc … verext.dll

The data field remained empty.

Google for 'HTTP response code 400' finds a page with

HTTP Status Code - 400 Bad Request. The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.

Re: Capital One and Capital One Bank

This is strange.  I am able to get a response using php but not java.  The only thing I can think of is that java implements https differently than php.

Were you able to connect using any other program?

Can you try again?

I rewrote the ofxget application to use a direct SSL socket instead of indirectly using the java HttpsConnection class.  What this did is let me write data to the ofx server exactly how I want it.

I also added an account field.  If the account is not specified then ofxget will try to determine it automatically.  If the account is specified then the ofx data will be downloaded directly.

I have a feeling that Capital One does not support account disovery.

Jesse

Ofxget has the 10.0.1.97 bug again... so I can't try it.

Argh.  Try one more time.  If you do it without an account ID you should get something that looks like this:

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:25:06 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Content-Type: application/x-ofx
Content-Length: 0
Error-Message: Missing required tag BROKERID in the INVACCTFROM aggregate.

At least this gives us more to work with than before.  If you do it with a proper account ID it might work.  If not, we'll have to track down capital one's broker ID.  I did a brief search but could not turn it up.

With valid userid, account, and password, got the same result:

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:08:03 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Content-Type: application/x-ofx
Content-Length: 0
Error-Message: Missing required tag BROKERID in the INVACCTFROM aggregate.

In that case we'll need to find the brokerId.  Once the brokerId is set it will hopefully work.

I couldn't find any information about it on the internet.  The best advice I can give is to email or call your bank's support staff.

This is strange.  I am able to get a response using php but not java.  The only thing I can think of is that java implements https differently than php.

Are you worried about a plus training dumps and network plus questions for practice with 220-802