Topic: Looking for the Financial Institution Data for Santander Bank

Hello,

I would like to be able to use Invoice Ninja and I am trying to add my bank to my settings, however, my bank is not listed. Apparently, it uses OFX(?) and since my bank is not in their list, I need to add the following to be able to get my bank in the list of supported banks..

My Bank is
Santander Business Banking (US) which is where my Business Checking Account is located. To add it to the list, I apparently need the following information,

Insitution Name   
FI Id   
FI Org   
FI URL   
FI Broker Id

Can someone help me get these? While I thought these would be the login details the bank gave me, apparently this is not looking for that kind of information. I did a search here and apparently I am the first on requesting my bank be added, and I do not know where to get this information.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Re: Looking for the Financial Institution Data for Santander Bank

Alright, can someone please tell me if I did not ask the question correctly? I see a few people have peeked at my post but no replies, and to be honest I haven't a clue what any of this OFX stuff is, so I don't know how one gets such information. Is there anything i can do to try and get this information sooner then later? As it turns out my biggest problem with using a lot of these free or lower cost Invoice / Accounting apps, is that for some reason, they don't ever seem to want to work with Santander Bank Business Checking. So if I could figure out what all this means and what I need to do, I would be glad to do it.

If anyone cares to explain I am all ears or eyes as it were, thanks!

From what I've read it may not be possible to download the transactions directly from Santander. You'll probably have to log in to your account, then download the file manually. This link shows how: https://www.qipu.com.br/blog/exportar-ofx-do-santander/

Unfortunately that's all the help I can provide at this point. Good luck.

I was actually able to get this to work by using the Swift / BIC code for Santander. This allows me to access and get updates to the last 90 days of transactions. Should one need anything beyond the 90 day period, you will need to download the transactions by date, 90 days at a time in the format that works for the application your using be it Quickbooks, or CSV. Hope that helps anyone else who may have an issue here.