Topic: Unable to setup AqBanking in GnuCash for OFX connection to Chase Bank

Hi:
I've recently changed my personal financial software from Quicken to GnuCash.  I don't care for the way Quicken has implemented its "Sunset" policies which essentially involving "cutting-off" access to conduct online banking unless you upgrade to their newer version.

So I began setting up my Online Banking, however, as yet I've not been successful.  I followed the procedure defined in the Wiki article on setting up OFX transactions using AqBanking within GnuCash.  In the article, it referenced the <FID> as 10898, with an <ORG> as B1.  I checked the ORG Log in Quicken and it shows the same <ORG>, but the <FID> is 8374.  This site shows an FIId as 1601.  (Is this an FID?)

When I follow the steps outlined in the Wiki article and get to where I actually connect and AqBanking will identify my account, I get the following, regardless if I use the 10898 or 8374 FID code (I've not yet tried the 1601 as yet).

Resolving hostname "onlineofx.chase.com"
IP Address is 159.53.6.57
Creating HTTPS connection
Connecting....
Sending request.....
Waiting for response......
Parsing response.....
Disconnecting....
Parsing response....
OFX: Success (Success)
OFX: Success (Success)
Processing response....
Finished, you may close the window.

No accounts are created, so I assume something went wrong in the connection.  I tried to create an OFX.log file as per the same Wiki article, however that didn't work.  I created a User Environmental Variable as noted in the article, but no such log file was created. 

I then created an account manually and associated it with my Credit Card account in GnuCash.  When I attempt to download transactions, I get a "can't find account" if I use the 8374 FID, and "try again later" with the 10898.

This does not appear to be rocket science, so I'm sure there is a simple solution.  If I try the 1601 FID, should I also change the <ORG> B1 to Chase Bank?  I also noticed that the URL is different as well.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.  -SA Jack

Re: Unable to setup AqBanking in GnuCash for OFX connection to Chase Bank

For chase credit card use this info:
On General tab:
In Username and user id, I entered my id that I use to sign-on on www.chase.com

OFX tab.
FID 10898
ORG B1
URL https://onlineofx.chase.com/chase.ofx

I used that information and I got the file.

Regards.

https://onlineofx.chase.com/chase.ofx       is not available .... !!!!! Is thr any one to help me wth a new link??

https://ofx.chase.com works now.

Hi, everyone, New user here trying to keep using MS Money instead of converting to Quicken.

When I access the above Chase site I receive a message that an error occurred while trying to download the statement.  When I open the .ofx file in Wordpad part of the file is the following:

<OFX>
<SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
<SONRS>
<STATUS>
<CODE>2000
<SEVERITY>ERROR
<MESSAGE>USER NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THE SYSTEM WITH THIS APPLICATION
</STATUS>
<DTSERVER>20100506090611.134[-4:EDT]
<LANGUAGE>ENG

Why would I not be authorized access with this application but I can successfully download from another account there?  I have re-entered the correct data several times in the Setup program, but continus to get the same results when I test the account.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, when I run the GETOFX program, where is the downloaded institution data saved.  The screen below the DOWNLOAD button remains blank and I can't tell if anything has been received and saved.

Thanks.

I've been getting that same "USER NOT AUTHORIZED..." message from Chase.  I'm using KMyMoney, but identifying as Quicken 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.  I tried calling Chase tech support, but they were of no help.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Oh, admin has already fixed that. Thank him a lot. I has had the same trouble previously with leia mais . But now all is going well.