Topic: Citi Credit Card

Using jaraco.financial to download credit card statements from Citibank, I receive a 2000 error. Using the same technique with Chase has no problems. Details of the error are reported at https://bitbucket.org/jaraco/jaraco.financial/issue/2 . I have attempted to contact Citibank about this, but I've been stonewalled, unable to report the issue to any department that can act on it.

2 (edited by packpike 2017-03-16 15:11:24)

Re: Citi Credit Card

This has stopped working for me as of a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else having problems?

This is what I get in my ofx file:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Access Denied</H1>

You don't have permission to access "http&#58;&#47;&#47;www&#46;accountonline&#46;com&#47;cards&#47;svc&#47;CitiOfxManager&#46;do" on this server.<P>
Reference&#32;&#35;18&#46;76f56868&#46;1489683909&#46;255da930
</BODY>
</HTML>

packpike wrote:

This has stopped working for me as of a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else having problems?

This is what I get in my ofx file:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Access Denied</H1>

You don't have permission to access "http&#58;&#47;&#47;www&#46;accountonline&#46;com&#47;cards&#47;svc&#47;CitiOfxManager&#46;do" on this server.<P>
Reference&#32;&#35;18&#46;76f56868&#46;1489683909&#46;255da930
</BODY>
</HTML>

me too.  same error.  I sent an email to citi...

Same error for me. Anyone figured out a solution yet?

Hasn't worked in the last month.  Did fine until then. Don't understand how it can pass validation.

I downloaded the updated version of PocketSense and Citi has started working again.
https://pocketsense.blogspot.com/2017/0 … lable.html

Now it's dead again. It's giving a completely different error this time related to the web address used to pull the data. It seems as if Citi keeps updating/upgrading their system and changing the info.

Mine is dead as well - at least on my site. It seems a lot of OFX servers are blocking my budgeting site from downloading because I can download from my computer just fine. Arg!

It is very hit and miss for me - basically depends on what server I try to hit it from. I can hit it from home for now and it works. It was working yesterday from a Digital Ocean box. Today I tried a heroku app. It worked for a bit, then I started getting the access denied error.

"<HTML><HEAD>\n<TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE>\n</HEAD><BODY>\n<H1>Access Denied</H1>\n \nYou don't have permission to access \"http&#58;&#47;&#47;www&#46;accountonline&#46;com&#47;cards&#47;svc&#47;CitiOfxManager&#46;do\" on this server.<P>\nReference&#32;&#35;18&#46;5cbef748&#46;1509862433&#46;2dd98f65\n</BODY>\n</HTML>\n"

Recently stopped working, I now get this error:  You don't have permission to access "http://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/ … Manager.do" on this server.  I called them and they said they upgraded their servers, but would not tell me the new OFX address.  We should start a referendum requiring banks to tell their customers these things, and not lock us out and force us all to use the only commercial product they endorse.

Yeah, I haven't been able to get transactions since Nov. 2018. I guess so much for using my Costco card. I won't support banks who won't support OFX.

As of about 5 hours ago, I am getting the following error from the Citi OFX Server:

<STATUS>
<CODE>2000
<SEVERITY>ERROR
<MESSAGE>Due to security improvements, connection to this financial software will be shut down on 09/07/2019. Please request your financial management software contact Citi at citiOFXmigration@citi.com.
</STATUS>

I have tried enabling 3rd party software desktop access from the website.  This gives a 10 minute window to access the account.  However, I tried sending account list request as well as a transaction list during this period and nothing changes.

I bumped into the same issue sometime this week. Looks like Citi changed the OFX URL to  https://mobilesoa.citi.com/CitiOFXInterface from .../CitiOfxManager.do .

I was able to connect successfully after the OFX URL change.

@jchem, could you please post your Citi card config? Are you using GnuCash and AqBanking?

I am using Pocketsense to access citi credit card data.  I continue to get the error message which directs me to enable access.  In the past when this happened simply testing access worked to enable it.

I was able to get it to work by using the new URL https://mobilesoa.citi.com/CitiOFXInterface. But I had to go through a process on Citi's website to enable third-party apps to access my account:

1. Log in to Citi's website.
2. Click Profile.
3. Click Manage Desktop Apps.
4. Click Add Access.
5. Log in with my financial software.

Step 5 didn't work the first time, but after clicking "Submit client id during download" in my financial software (Moneywell) it worked.

I'm using the latest url, and getting "The information you entered does not match our records".
Obviously I'm using the right username and password, to the best of my knowledge. Any thoughts on what might be the issue?

18 (edited by packpike 2019-09-17 12:21:15)

Anyone able to get this working with Pocketsense? I've changed the URL and followed matt's steps on the CITI website, but no go via Pocketsense.

Update: I had to add ofxVer:103 into my site data and now it works via Pocketsense (along with changing the url & logging in to the site and turning on the timer).

I've tried changing to version 103 without any success.  It seems as though Citi is really pushing for a new sort of integration that requires some sort of a negotiation with the server.

I've also tried both the existing and the new URL and get the same result.  However, every once in a while I get a working response from the OFX server.

I've reached out to Citi and they gave me a canned response along the lines of 'please tell us what software you are using so we can better assist you'

I never get much progress with financial companies when I try to communicate about the OFX protocol sad

greg117 - did you log onto the Citi website and enable access that Matt mentions above? After you open access it will give you a 10 minute countdown timer and you have to make the connection before it runs out.

So I am not sure what "Submit client id during download" is doing on the backend.  I'd love to have some insight as to how to do that without forcing me to use someone else's software.

When I do those steps and try to pull transactions or get account information via OFX, it doesn't change the behavior.  So there is clearly something in the new process that I am missing.

I don't have the 'submit client id during download' option in pocketsense. The key to the process is going to the Citi website and enabling access. Then connect with your software.

23 (edited by greg117 2019-09-18 10:09:15)

I may have to download some of these tools to see if we can debug how they are changing their requests to satisfy the new chances Citi has put in place.

Edit: I see that moneywell is working for getting the transactions following the procedure above.  However, I don't see a way to identifying what the software is doing to satisfy the server from an OFX point of view.

Edit2: Okay, so I was able to get this working using pure OFX.  Citi now requires a CLIENTUID to be passed with your request.  Which means you need to have a unique identifier that you consistently use in order to get the transactions on the backend.

So in the past you could send the following for a signon request:
<SONRQ><DTCLIENT>20190918<USERID>ExampleUser<USERPASS>*******<LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>Citigroup<FID>24909</FI><APPID>QWIN<APPVER>2500</SONRQ>

Now you need to include CLIENTUID like:
<SONRQ><DTCLIENT>20190918<USERID>ExampleUser<USERPASS>*******<CLIENTUID>22576921-8E39-4A82-9E3E-EDDB121ADDEE</CLIENTUID><LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>Citigroup<FID>24909</FI><APPID>QWIN<APPVER>2500</SONRQ>

Also, this change only worked if you use the https://mobilesoa.citi.com/CitiOFXInterface URL

So I'm able to pull transactions again.  Thanks for the help.

Thank you guys!
Following your discussion I too was able to download my Citi transactions, both through ofxget, and through GnuCash.
The trick seems to have been 1) choosing a fixed client uid 2) navigating to Profile->More Settings->Manage Desktop Apps and adding access 3) within the 10 minute window sending a signon only request, without transaction information request. Something like this:

OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:103
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:NONE
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:5bbe7147-1084-4a90-bf47-98b69af842c1
NEWFILEUID:5bbe7147-1084-4a90-bf47-98b69af842c1

<OFX>
  <SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
    <SONRQ>
        <DTCLIENT>20190919051115.851[0:GMT]
      <USERID>Username
      <USERPASS>Password
    <CLIENTUID>b238dd8f-84d0-44b6-9327-3f79b8e704a0</CLIENTUID>
    <LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>Citigroup<FID>24909</FI>
    <APPID>QWIN<APPVER>2500
    </SONRQ>
  </SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
</OFX>

Citi replied with:
<OFX>
<SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
<SONRS>
<STATUS>
<CODE>0
<SEVERITY>INFO
<MESSAGE>0
</STATUS>
<DTSERVER>20190919050848.000
<LANGUAGE>ENG
<FI>
<ORG>Citigroup
<FID>24909
</FI>
</SONRS>
</SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
</OFX>

Then, I sent another request, this time including the tag:
    <CREDITCARDMSGSRQV1>
    <CCSTMTTRNRQ>
      <TRNUID>40c5a401-5976-4bd4-bf25-ff8ed56f3c99</TRNUID>
      <CCSTMTRQ>
        <CCACCTFROM>
          <ACCTID>my credit card number</ACCTID>
        </CCACCTFROM>
        <INCTRAN>
          <INCLUDE>Y</INCLUDE>
        </INCTRAN>
      </CCSTMTRQ>
    </CCSTMTTRNRQ>
  </CREDITCARDMSGSRQV1>

Question: I got my software working using dbuser's suggestions: (1) change OFX version to 103, (2) adding the CLIENTUID field to my signon request, (3) changing the URL to the new version, and (4) using the web site interface to allow me 10 minutes to log in.

The Ofxhome page for Citi Credit Cards still shows the old URL and shows it's OFX test passing.  Why is this?  Is there a way to get the site to update its database for the URL.  How is the OFX test passing without doing so?