Topic: Getting the run around

I hope this is the place to enter my problem, I currently have an account with American Funds and I am trying to download the transactions for the account.  Years ago they required a different account in Quicken for each mutual fund in the account. As there were 11 different accounts, this was not acceptable to me. I tried faking them out but did not work. They have changed protocols and lifted this restriction.  I don't use Quicken any more,  I use a program called Moneydance.  According to them, they look just like Quicken when downloading transactions.  Here is the problem - the transactions are not being downloaded and both parties say the problem is with the other one.  In a conversation today with American Funds they claim that they do not support the Direct Connect server and, thus theycannot help me.  Here is my question - who owns/runs/controls/supports the Direct Connect servers and how do I get in touch with them?

If this is not the right place for this question, please forgive me and direct me to the right place.

Thank you