Topic: USAA Federal Savings Bank

This is for their banking only.  For their brokerage accounts, use:

FI Id: 24592
FI Org: USAA
FI Url: https://service2.usaa.com/ofx/OFXServlet
FI Broker Id:  USAA.COM
OFX Version:  1.02

New institution request submitted as well.

Re: USAA Federal Savings Bank

I am trying to configure an OFX connection to my USAA checking account in GnuCash.  I launch the AqBanking Setup Wizard to do this and I am able to create a user, but when I go to create the account, I get stuck on IBAN.  USAA says they do not have IBAN, but the app will not let me out without a "valid" IBAN". 

Has anyone successfully set up online banking with USAA using GnuCash?  Is there a way to fake out the IBAN value?  What does a "valid" value look like?

I've started getting numerous reports this week the OFX is not working for USAA bank. I've been trying to test it and I just keep getting a 403 Forbidden error message. Can anyone confirm that USAA is working for them still?

for anyone else trying to get usaa to work, ive recently had success with the following

username is your usaa id number, found in the website
password is your regular pin number that the website asks you for so often

account number needs to be 10 digits, so 0 pad it
with the above i was able to connect on 3-20-13

I am trying to connect to "USAA Investment Mgmt Co" through GnuCash 2.6.1. I use the following setup:

UserName: my USAA id number (padded with sufficient 0s to make it a 10-digit string)
UserID: the same as UserName
BankName: USAA Investment Mgmt Co
Broker Id:  USAA.COM
FID: 24592
Org: USAA
Server Url: https://service2.usaa.com/ofx/OFXServlet
Header Version: 102

It connects to the server. However, I keep getting the error "HTTP-Status: 400 (Bad Request)". Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I just set this up for USAA bank.

For OFXv1, USAA is only accepting versions 1.0.2 and 1.5.1; the elements can't have closing tags (i.e. XML-style <TAG>text</TAG> won't parse for OFXv1).  They're also accepting OFXv2.0 and 2.0.2, which is a better choice.

ORG="USAA", FID="24591" for the bank.

Username is USAA left zero-padded to 9 digits (not 10; that doesn't work).
Password is 4-digit PIN, as used on the website and phone service.

BANKID="314074269" (their ABA routing #).

This works currently.

I don't have investment accounts with them to check.

I got this to work with GnuCash and AqBanking 6.1.4
Using the wizard
- look up USAA and accept defaults (ORG: USAA, FID: 24591, URL: https://service2.usaa.com/ofx/OFXServlet)
- Put in whatever User Name you want. User Id is your USAA member number, no padding necessary. Leave Client UID blank.
- Take defaults for emulated application (Intuit Quicken Windows 2013, Application AD: QWIN, Application Version: 2200, Header Version: 102)
- Skip the special settings
- Retrieve the account list

If the account list doesn't retrieve the first time you may have to finish the user and then go back and edit it to press the retrieve the account list button again.
You may need to finish out the wizard to see if the accounts get created. If not, you can create the accounts manually.

Create checking account by hand
- Account Number: 10-digit (zero-pad) checking account number
- Account Name: whatever you want
- Account Type: Checking
- Bank Code: 314074269 (ABA routing number)

For credit card accounts, you can leave the Bank Code blank, or try 0000000000