Topic: Chase (credit card)

The new url is:   https://ofx.chase.com

Re: Chase (credit card)

During 2009 I had no trouble accessing Chase card data. I tested the url  https://ofx.chase.com and it failed. Have any other parameters changed?

they have changed only the OFX url in 2009 Nov 13  the new ofx url for chase is https://ofx.chase.com/   and no need to change any other parameters

Is it a requirement to pay Chase's monthly fee in order to download transactions using this method?

If you log in to the Chase website, and go to download transactions, it will ask if you want to download 'Now (no charge)' or 'Activate Direct Access through the PFM service ($9.95/month)'
The description:
Designed for those who use PFM software to retrieve account information and pay bills directly from the software. You'll be able to retrieve the activity for most of your Chase accounts at one time. We may charge a fee for this service depending on your account type. Read the Addendum and Additional Banking Services and Fees [help with this feature, link opens in new window] for details.

5 (edited by ostroffjh 2013-01-05 14:08:04)

Whether there is a fee might depend on what accounts other than credit card you have with Chase.  In my case (credit card only) I had to activate the service:
- click on the 'Customer Center' tab along the top
- in the 'Reference Center' section under 'Tools' is a link to 'Activate Quicken, Quickbooks etc.'.
I saw no notice about any fee, but we'll see if they sneak anything in after a month.

EDIT:  now over a year later (Jan 2013) and no fees have been charged for this access.

For me, I enabled the PFM Service...but I was still unable to get this to work using the JP Morgan Chase credentials. (....oasis.cfree.com/1601.ofxgp, Chase Bank and 1601).  I kept getting error 15500.  I thought perhaps I needed to wait for the PFM Service to be activated, but an hour later, was still getting the same error.

I had originally tried to connect using these credentials (....ofx.chase.com, B1, 10898), but kept getting error 501, so I gave up. For whatever reason - mostly being frustrated with the 15500 error - I decided to try these credentials again....and it worked!  I was able to connect without errors and retrieve my list of accounts and a list of transactions

I'm not sure if it simply took even longer than an hour for the PFM Service to be active, or if there was something else that made the difference - but my working OFX is as follows:

(Using PHP for the variables)
$now=gmstrftime("%Y%m%d%H%M%S.000[0:GMT]");
$un="AcctUserName";
$pw="AcctPassword";
$org="B1";
$fid=10898;
$url="https://ofx.chase.com";
$rtnum="RoutingNumber";
$acnum="AccountNumber";
$start="20130101";
$stop="20131231";

Get Account Information:

OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:NONE

<OFX>
      <SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
           <SONRQ>
                <DTCLIENT> $now
                <USERID> $un
                <USERPASS> $pw
                <GENUSERKEY>N
                <LANGUAGE>ENG
                <FI>
                     <ORG>$org
                     <FID>$fid
                </FI>
                     <APPID>QMOFX
                    <APPVER>1900
           </SONRQ>
      </SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
      <SIGNUPMSGSRQV1>
            <ACCTINFOTRNRQ>
                    <TRNUID>".md5(time().$url.$un)."
                    <ACCTINFORQ>
                           <DTACCTUP>19900101
                    </ACCTINFORQ>
             </ACCTINFOTRNRQ>
       </SIGNUPMSGSRQV1>
</OFX>

Getting Transactions:
OFXHEADER:100
NEWFILEUID:NONE

<OFX>
        <SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
                <SONRQ>
                        <DTCLIENT>$now
                        <USERID>$un
                        <USERPASS>$pw
                        <LANGUAGE>ENG
                        <FI>
                                <ORG>$org
                                <FID>$fid
                        </FI>
                        <APPID>QMOFX
                        <APPVER>1900
                </SONRQ>
        </SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
        <BANKMSGSRQV1>
                <STMTTRNRQ>
                        <TRNUID>".md5(time().$url.$un)."
                        <STMTRQ>
                                <BANKACCTFROM>
                                        <BANKID>$rtnum
                                        <ACCTID>$acnum
                                        <ACCTTYPE>CHECKING
                                </BANKACCTFROM>
                                <INCTRAN>
                                        <DTSTART>$start
                                        <DTEND>$stop
                                        <INCLUDE>Y
                                </INCTRAN>
                        </STMTRQ>
                </STMTTRNRQ>
        </BANKMSGSRQV1>
</OFX>

As of November 2015, Chase now requires users to have a Client User ID, and use header version 103.  These instructions for GnuCash were found on the GnuCash user's list:

On Ubuntu I created a UUID in a terminal with
uuidgen.  One can probably edit ~/.aqbanking/settings/users/<xxx.conf>
directly, but I used the wizard.

It always takes me a while to find where the aqbanking settings are
within gnucash; so here it is.

Start Tools/Online Banking Setup, Forward, Start AqBanking Wizard, Edit
User, User Settings, then paste the UUID.

Then in the same Edit User dialog, select Application Settings, and set
the Header version to 103.

I then downloaded some data (not all), so I then logged onto the web
site, read the secure message and activated the
account.  Now it's working.

8 (edited by ostroffjh 2015-12-09 15:29:45)

In November, I received an email from Chase stating that their security was changing, and that the first time I tried to download  transactions after 11/17/15 I would receive instructions at their Secure Message Center about how to re-identify myself.  I have tried multiple times since then, but have received no messages.  I've been trading messages with their tech support, which have been mostly useless.  I really hate to actually phone them, because of the length of time it take to go through their security screen before you talk to a human, who as often as not, can't really provide useful help.  I"ll post back if I do succeed and find anything relevant.

Update: I just got off the phone with their second line support, who basically said I should just try again in a week, since I was using unsupported software (KMyMoney).  She apparently even tried to directly generate the code to be sent to the secure message center, but was unable to do so.   I'll try once or twice more, but my next step is just dumping Chase.   Has anyone gotten anything other than Quicken or Money to work since last week?

jrleek80 wrote:

As of November 2015, Chase now requires users to have a Client User ID, and use header version 103.  These instructions for GnuCash were found on the GnuCash user's list:

Confirmed! Worked for me too. Thanks, jrleek80

I was told by a phone support person about a week ago that they were no longer supporting automatic OFX downloads. This after I heard the same message from them about needing a code to be re-authenticated. Their OFX server is still giving that message about re-authentication.
I've sent a message through their message system asking them to confirm this (maybe the phone person didn't really understand?), but no reply.
Even worse is that the OFX files that you download from their website have errors (they sometimes duplicate FITIDs).

I was having problems downloading transactions from Chase using PocketSense.  I spoke to customer service who told me that Chase only supports Quicken/Quickbooks.  However, I then:

1) Went to Chase's "Customer Center" and under "Reference Center/Tools" I selected "Activate Quicken, Quickbooks, etc".
2) Changed my configuration to use ofx 103 instead of 102 (by adding ofxVer to the site in sites.dat).

That seems to have solved my problem.  FWIW.

thehigherthefewer wrote:

I was having problems downloading transactions from Chase using PocketSense.  I spoke to customer service who told me that Chase only supports Quicken/Quickbooks.  However, I then:

1) Went to Chase's "Customer Center" and under "Reference Center/Tools" I selected "Activate Quicken, Quickbooks, etc".
2) Changed my configuration to use ofx 103 instead of 102 (by adding ofxVer to the site in sites.dat).

That seems to have solved my problem.  FWIW.

Perfect, #2 fixed my issue also.  I had activated quicken on the site 100 times, and step 2 is all that was needed.  Thanks for the post!

Hi,

I am using REST Client to check signon request flow for OFX in chase bank. I am keep getting 400 error code "Server error occurred.  Received HttpStatusCode of 400". Here's my request payload. Not able to figure out what i am missing in request.

OFXHEADER:103
NEWFILEUID:0F7418F4-27DD-4ED1-968E-60D792642CA9
<OFX>
<SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
<SONRQ>
<DTCLIENT>20160409105000</DTCLIENT>
<USERID>XXXXXX</USERID>
<USERPASS>YYYYYY</USERPASS>
<LANGUAGE>ENG</LANGUAGE>
<FI>
<ORG>B1</ORG>
<FID>10898</FID>
</FI>
<GENUSERKEY>N</GENUSERKEY>
<APPID>QWIN</APPID>
<APPVER>2100</APPVER>
<CLIENTUID>22576921-8E39-4A82-9E3E-EDDB121ADDEE</CLIENTUID>
</SONRQ>
</SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
</OFX>

I use a third party accounting software for my business that used to be compatible with Chase OFX direct downloads, but as everyone has posted above, as of November 2015 it stopped working.  The developer has given up. Does anyone have any suggestions I could give them?

Right now the only thing I can update on my end as a user is the FIID, FIOrg, and FIUrl.  I don't have access to change the header to 103, although I asked the developer and they said they tried it.  Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

imbellish wrote:
jrleek80 wrote:

Confirmed! Worked for me too. Thanks, jrleek80

This likewise worked for me!

I was getting an incorrect login/password error with aqbanking using the default setup for Chase (credit card).

I enabled PFM on my Chase account as indicated.

I set the aqbanking settings for version to 103 and generated and set the Client ID to one that I generated using uuidgen also as indicated.

I then attempted to login and received a different sign-on error than the login/password error I was receiving before.

Shortly after, I received an e-mail from Chase with the subject "Action Required for Quicken or QuickBooks users" requiring me to login to the Chase Secure Message Center and click a link to authenticate the uuid that I previously generated.  NOTE: It can take some time for the e-mail or secure message center message to come through -- in my experience about 5-10 minutes.

After clicking the link the secure message, I was able to login successfully and interact with my account via aqbanking.

Thank you very much for the tip!

ymx3 wrote:

I use a third party accounting software for my business that used to be compatible with Chase OFX direct downloads, but as everyone has posted above, as of November 2015 it stopped working.  The developer has given up. Does anyone have any suggestions I could give them?

Right now the only thing I can update on my end as a user is the FIID, FIOrg, and FIUrl.  I don't have access to change the header to 103, although I asked the developer and they said they tried it.  Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

I think that you would want to request that they increase the version to 103 AND pass the Client ID (uuid). You will then need to approve the client via the Chase website, assuming your experience will be the same as others have reported. Take a look at the recent notes in this thread relating to aqbanking, as these may be helpful for your developer.

Also: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.g … user/63293

Hi folks,

I'm still getting "<STATUS><CODE>2000<SEVERITY>ERROR<MESSAGE>Please verify your identity within the next 7 days. Using your desktop computer, go to your bank’s website and visit the Secure Message Center for instructions.</STATUS>"

Yet there's never any message in the Secure Message Center.

Notes:

I'm using ofxver 103 via PocketSense and have verified that there's a <CLIENTUID> passed in the request.  I've also "activated" quicken via the Customer Center Resource Tools area.

Anyone else still stuck?

redmondman wrote:

Anyone else still stuck?

Never mind.  I didn't allow enough time for the message to come in *after* changing to ofxver 103.  Looks like I'm good now!

Thanks so much for your help. I have passed on this info (as well as this board) to the developer of our business software. Their response back to me was: "Unfortunately, we cannot control what the banks do. We designed the tool to use the standard OFX retrieval. Chase just completely shut that off."  I sent them links to this forum, and information about changing the ofxver to 103.

Based on your note, and what I see posted on this board, that is not true, and it appears that they need to change the code slightly.

Could I offer to connect them with you since you seem to be up to speed on this?

Many thanks!

ak2k wrote:
ymx3 wrote:

I think that you would want to request that they increase the version to 103 AND pass the Client ID (uuid). You will then need to approve the client via the Chase website, assuming your experience will be the same as others have reported. Take a look at the recent notes in this thread relating to aqbanking, as these may be helpful for your developer.

Also: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.g … user/63293

Can anyone connect me with a developer that I could pass on to our SaaS software developer to help them with fixing the OFX Chase direct downloads issue?  Thanks!

I'm at novice at ofx & Python, but have managed to download my transactions by following directions on the Python website for a number of years since MS Money stopped bank downloads. However, I am having trouble understanding what I need to do to make the Chase Credit Card website work again. I see where others have posted to change the ofx version to 103 instead of 102. I downloaded the new Python script, but I am still getting the error to Verify my Identify on the website, but I have no secure  messages there and I am already set up for Quicken there.

This is what I have that's not working:
<site>
    SiteName   : CHASE
    AcctType   : CCSTMT
    fiorg      : B1
    fid        : 10898
    url        : https://ofx.chase.com
    bankid     :
    brokerid   :
    appid      :
    appver     :
    mininterval:

Where do I enter ofxver 103? I'll be happy with even a clue from anyone for a direction to go from here. I'm stuck.

Thanks

I'm not absolutely certain that version 103 is required.  What is necessary is to use a Client UUID (universally unique identifier - which is a 32 hex character string).  If you are already set up for Quicken, then you can use the same CUUID as it uses (if you can find it).  My understanding is that you could use a new CUUID (just a random string of 32 hex characters, although there are lots of ways of generating it) but it is possible that the bank uses this to limit the number of devices from which you access your account - no idea whether Chase does or not.  To use a new CUUID, you have to start by including it in a new request to map an account.  Only when their server gets a request with a new CUUID will it send that message to you  in their secure message center, with a link to confirm that it was really who who made the request.  Once you click that link, then your normal requests will start working again, as long as they include the CUUID.  (Sorry, I don't know the correct syntax as to how to include it in the request.  I use libofx, and that now handles it.)

Just a heads up Chase now supports OFX 2.2 which means no more SGML, just plain old XML. Post the following sample XML to https://ofx.chase.com:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<?OFX OFXHEADER="200" VERSION="220" SECURITY="NONE" OLDFILEUID="NONE"
NEWFILEUID="NONE"?>
<OFX>
    <SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
        <SONRQ>
            <DTCLIENT>20170319150911:GMT</DTCLIENT>
            <USERID>{username}</USERID>
            <USERPASS>{password}</USERPASS>
            <LANGUAGE>ENG</LANGUAGE>
            <FI>
                <ORG>B1</ORG>
                <FID>10898</FID>
            </FI>
            <APPID>QWIN</APPID>
            <APPVER>1700</APPVER>
            <CLIENTUID>{Your client ID - see previous posts on how to get this}</CLIENTUID>
        </SONRQ>
    </SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
        <BANKMSGSRQV1>
            <STMTTRNRQ>
                    <TRNUID>{unique string goes here}</TRNUID>
                    <STMTRQ>
                            <BANKACCTFROM>
                                    <BANKID>{Routing Number}</BANKID>
                                    <ACCTID>{Account Number}</ACCTID>
                                    <ACCTTYPE>{replace with CHECKING or SAVINGS}</ACCTTYPE>
                            </BANKACCTFROM>
                            <INCTRAN>
                                    <DTSTART>20170319</DTSTART>
                                    <DTEND>20170317</DTEND>
                                    <INCLUDE>Y</INCLUDE>
                            </INCTRAN>
                    </STMTRQ>
            </STMTTRNRQ>
    </BANKMSGSRQV1>
</OFX>

I suppose that's a good change, but it doesn't affect the need to use a Client UUID, which is not yet easily supported by all FLOSS financial software using libofx.

Is anyone having success with Chase lately? I keep getting the following error:

"STATUS": {
                            "CODE": "15510",
                            "SEVERITY": "ERROR",
                            "MESSAGE": "Please verify your identity within the next 7 days. Using your desktop computer, go to your bank\ufffds website and visit the Secure Message Center for instructions."
                        },

I got into my account dashboard and there a message to verify that I want to enable PFM. I do that, but it doesn't seem to help. I just keep getting the same error.