Topic: What's up with BOA? Have they really squashed direct connect?

There seem to be many threads about BoA discontinuing Direct Connect.  (definitely for credit cards, I'm not sure about check and savings accounts.)  It seems they have replaced it with what is called Express Web Connect.  This appears to be different from the plain Web Connect in that from the client perspective, it is still a one click download, but it seems that in the background, it can use either Direct Connect or Web Connect or possibly even screen scraping to update Quicken's view of that account once a day.  I don't know if there is any way to determine which is used for any particular bank, such as BoA.  I'm not even sure someone with Quicken could tell for sure.  I'd love to hear differently about this, but it looks like BoA may have managed to cut off direct connect access for any FOSS applications.

Re: What's up with BOA? Have they really squashed direct connect?

Sorry for the late follow-up, but I'll guess they stepped on some toes, as a few weeks after that change, it just started working again.  No explanation.

Re: What's up with BOA? Have they really squashed direct connect?

And, as I posted elsewhere on this site, direct connect to BOA stopped working again this week.  I get a 15500 name/password error.  However, I can use those credentials to log into the web site.  The one rep I managed to speak with seemed to know absolutely nothing, other than being able to tell me that they only support issues with downloading from the web site, and for anything else to call Inutit.  Am I the only one having new problems, or is this more wide spread?