Re: Chase (credit card)

Are you using a CLIENTUUID?  Have you tried identifying as a different client or different year?  (I wouldn't think it should matter, but little with this stuff ends up making much sense.)

OK I just set this up.

First: log into the website, and in your account profile under "Security" or "AccountSafe (sm)" select "desktop apps".  Click to enable Quicken.

Then make an OFX connection.  It looks like they're not supporting OFXv1 anymore, but will take any version of OFXv2.  I used ORG="B1" (Jamie Dimon doesn't forget his roots) and FID="10898", which worked.

The website tells you that they only support the current version of Quicken and the previous one (a little kickback from INTU I suppose), so you'll need to set APPID/APPVER accordingly... QWIN 2700 worked for me.  You need to set CLIENTUID, as noted in the profile (and previous comments upthread).

Upon first connection, the SONRS STATUS tells you need to verify your identity within 7 days.  To do this, log back into Chase website and choose "Secure Messages" (currently located under that mobile-friendly hamburger), where something about "Activate Quicken" will be waiting.  Click the link; they'll want you to type in a security code they send to text/email as a 2nd auth factor.  The process notified me of some sort of "Prefilled identification code", which I didn't use for anything... it didn't to billed in as an AUTHTOKEN, for instance.

After that you should be good to go.  I was able to download both bank and credit card data (using the ABA routing number for BANKID, per usual).

This is for personal accounts.  For business accounts, they want $9.95/mo to authorize the service instead of clicking "download transactions".

I propose that the OFX Database entry be renamed to reflect that 636 can be used to access both credit card and bank account information.

@Christopher - Thank you for both the Chase info and providing the ofxtools package. You suggested in your post that Chase does NOT seem to require AUTHTOKEN. Do you happen to know if Chase uses OAUTH2 for authentication? Or if not, is OAUTH2 an OFX 2.2 option that vendors can optionally choose to implement?

Thanks -- Glenn

inzolo wrote:

Is anyone having success with Chase lately? I keep getting the following error:

"STATUS": {
                            "CODE": "15510",
                            "SEVERITY": "ERROR",
                            "MESSAGE": "Please verify your identity within the next 7 days. Using your desktop computer, go to your bank\ufffds website and visit the Secure Message Center for instructions."
                        },

I got into my account dashboard and there a message to verify that I want to enable PFM. I do that, but it doesn't seem to help. I just keep getting the same error.

I'm having this same problem. I started off using OFX v1, which prompted the message to appear in the Chase secure messaging center. I authorized the access to my account, but making additional requests still returned the same message. I tried a second time with a new UID with no difference. I then tried switching to OFX v2 with a new UID, which returns the same response, but with OFX v2 the message doesn't even appear in the secure message center.

Not sure what else to try at this point.

As of some time in late 2022 Chase completely stopped responding to any direct connect requests.  (Same as Bank of Americs)  Is it working for anyone at all, or should Chase just be dropped from the Directory, or at least noted to not support direct connect any more.