Topic: Patelco info is out of date

This information is out of date. Patelco no longer supports their old ofx, and they have refused to give me the new information since May, 2019

Re: Patelco info is out of date

Thanks @nereocystis. I just discovered this too.

I'm able to download from Patelco using the info in ofxhome... https://ofx.patelco.org

jeanl wrote:

I'm able to download from Patelco using the info in ofxhome... https://ofx.patelco.org

Hi jeanl: Can you give me specifics on how you are providing the patelco credentials?

I've tried many many combinations of

<website user id>
<website password>
<8 digit checking account number>
<Call 24 pin>

and I get the error 15500 (bad login) on all of them. I'm using KMyMoney. It worked for ten years and just recently stopped.

Thank you!

I'm using ofxclient (which I got from github, the pypi version isn't up to date) and my setup is as follows:

account_type -- CHECKING
description -- Patelco Checking
institution.broker_id -- !!False!!
institution.client_args.accept -- */*, application/x-ofx
institution.client_args.app_id -- QWIN
institution.client_args.app_version -- 2500
institution.client_args.id -- 3d3968a1936474da8f5652943da0c6f3
institution.client_args.ofx_version -- 102
institution.client_args.user_agent -- htt pclient <- Stupid forum editor does not allow me to put it as is. Remove space.
institution.description -- Patelco CU
institution.id -- 2000
institution.local_id -- 03e84932eb2ed94732d81e09ed675b4c09d50538ac51274d6c2b88768536ad17
institution.org -- Patelco Credit Union
institution.password -- %{secured} -- I use my regular online password
institution.url -- https://ofx.patelco.org
institution.username -- %{secured} -- I use my regular online user name, which had to change recently
local_id -- e835c69e5c646a3de656cefc0368874b087e3f91a78b93a95eb311ab955b2158
number -- userName-S10 -- The name of the account is userName-S10 (for the checking account)

I think you might run into 2 issues:
- Patelco changed something about the user name used for downloading transactions recently. They did send an email about that and I had to update some thing (don't remember exactly what) according to their directions. If I can find their email, I'll post it here, but I'm sure you got one too.
- Your account number is your username with -S10 (for your checking account for example). So if your user name (with which you log in)  is "myname" your account number is myname-S10
I'm not sending any call 24 pin or anything else.

Note that I used to download with quicken, but I'm migrating away from it, which is why I'm using ofxclient + gnucash.

If you try the above and still can't make it, I can help you setup ofxclient and try from it (that's how I set mine up, it was completely straightforward), if you need any help.
Jean

Here's the doc that explains changes recently made by Patelco:
https://www.patelco.org/-/media/patelco … ersion.pdf

Thank you Jean! I will try it when I get home and report back. I really appreciate you taking the time.

StanO wrote:

Thank you Jean! I will try it when I get home and report back. I really appreciate you taking the time.

Let us know what you find out...

jeanl wrote:

Let us know what you find out...

Solved. Thank you Jean! Patelco never told me to update my patelco.org username and password. Since I could log in to online banking and OFX worked for years it did not occur to me that the OFX server lost my credentials.

The super irritating part is that two different Patelco representatives insisted that OFX support was discontinued, specifically in November 2019.

Thanks again, Jean.

For anyone else having Patelco OFX problems, log in to the patelco.org website and change your username and password. It worked for me.

StanO, I have a question for you.
Downloading from Patelco takes a *long* time for me. Almost 2 minutes! Other banks respond in just a few seconds at the most. Is that the case for you as well?
J.

jeanl wrote:

Downloading from Patelco takes a *long* time for me.

Two minutes sounds long. I just timed KMyMoney OFX Patelco import twice. I have the settings set for the last 60 days of transactions. It took 50 seconds the first time and 45 seconds the second. This is Saturday morning. I will try next week in the morning (Tuesday, Monday is MLK) and see how these response times compare.

Don't worry about, it looks like my case is somewhat normal... It's just very weird that Patelco is sooo slow compared to other institutions, but that's not really a problem (although I had to change the timeout in ofxclient to handle that!)
Thanks,
J.

Today, downloading transactions takes less than 1 s! Patelco must have updated something!

As of June 11, 2020, Patelco has discontinued OFX downloading.

Patelco support says that there is concern about security of this system.

I'm trying to find out more information.

Forgot to update this. Eventually, OFX downloading was fixed, but as of today, it is broken again. But reported to Patelco, and waiting for fix