Re: Bank of America

My little understanding is that with EWC+ (just like EWC) Intuit actually gets your data from the bank, and you get it from Intuit.  They claim added security of the plus in that Intuit does not need your login credentials to the bank.  When you set it up, you log in to the bank and authorize them to send the info to Intuit.  (It sounds a bit like OAUTH2 to me.)  In terms of using Quicken, I don't see much change.  However, I do not use Quicken.
For me, the problem is two-fold.  First, I don't want Intuit having any of my financial data, I much prefer a direct connection (as OFX Direct Connect) from an application running on my PC directly to the bank.  The bank no longer supporting Direct Connect means that only large firms like Intuit will be able to support the necessary agreements wtih the banks (not just BOA) making it essentially impossible for easy data download by any FLOSS application.  The bank, in the name of simplicity for them, using security as an excuse, is trying to force me to use an overpriced proprietary software instead of Free and Open Source software.  I'd consider switching banks (and I might do anyway) but my suspicion is that it's a lost cause, and most or all banks will end up going the same direction.

Yep, it's dead for me as of yesterday (end of October). I'm using pocketsense to pull the data into MSMoney.

Getting records since:  20221002
** An ERROR occurred sending POST request to eftx.bankofamerica.com
   Exception type  : <class 'socket.error'>
   Exception val   : [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Well, days/weeks after my previous post, my BOA accounts started working again for OFX Direct Connect downloads.  They had no clue what might have changed.  Anyway - as of today, any attempt gets me "Could not connect to host eftx.bankofamerica.com: Connection refused." so maybe they finally shut down the servers like Chase did.

Late follow-up, BOA completely stopped working quite a while ago, and it looks like they just totally removed the server they were using, or at least no longer respond to that web address.  Merrill Lynch continues to work fine for me.  At one point, I did get a letter following up my earlier inquiries, but it was 100% content free, and showed the person who wrote the letter really had no idea what she was talking about.