Topic: Bank of America

All of these URL's return HTTP 400 errors...

https://ofx.bankofamerica.com/cgi-forte … ename=bofa
https://ofx.bankofamerica.com/cgi-forte … gename=ofx
https://ofx.bankofamerica.com/cgi-forte … ename=bofa

Re: Bank of America

Inisde OFX:
<MESSAGE>Bank of America has completed a planned systems update for accounts opened in California. Please visit w.ww.ban.kofamerica.c.o.m/Financialmanagement for detailed instructions on how to update your settings and avoid service interruptions.

3 (edited by aaron.d.lewis 2013-12-05 08:09:02)

The Bank of America OFX Direct Connect platform has changed.  The new URL to access it is https://eftx.bankofamerica.com/eftxweb/access.ofx. This URL is used for both profile and authenticated requests.

ORG and FID should be HAN and 5959 respectively. 

URLs targeting domain ofx.bankofamerica.com, will cease to work possibly as soon as 12/7/13.

Sincerely,
Aaron D Lewis
EFTX Direct Connect App Manager
Bank of America
Seattle, WA

Getting the following error when connecting:  Any ideas?

OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:NONE

<OFX>
    <SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
        <SONRS>
            <STATUS>
                <CODE>2000
                <SEVERITY>ERROR
                <MESSAGE>Application which you are using is not enabled. Please call customer service.
            </STATUS>
            <DTSERVER>20131210162335.485
            <LANGUAGE>ENG
            <DTPROFUP>20131012020000
            <FI>
                <ORG>HAN
                <FID>5959
            </FI>
        </SONRS>
    </SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
    <BANKMSGSRSV1>
        <STMTTRNRS>
            <TRNUID>8CCCCD65-13AF-4464-8990-5A0E108ACA3E
            <STATUS>
                <CODE>2000
                <SEVERITY>ERROR
                <MESSAGE>Application which you are using is not enabled. Please call customer service.
            </STATUS>
        </STMTTRNRS>
    </BANKMSGSRSV1>
</OFX>

I indeed used the new settings like the URL is https://eftx.bankofamerica.com/eftxweb/access.ofx.   ORG and FID are HAN and 5959 respectively.

The userID in your request MUST be a valid BofA online banking ID which has been enabled for Direct Connect use.  This is a fee based service which one must enroll for in order to use it.  You can use Quicken and Quickbooks without Direct Connect but you won't get the features this service offers.  If our OFX app does not see that the incoming request's user is setup for such, you'll get that error. 

You can call the bank's support line to request enrollment or to confirm if you are/are not setup for the same, or self enroll for Quicken via https://www.bankofamerica.com/.  Do a search on the bank's site for "quicken direct connect," follow the link to "Quicken & QuickBooks Frequently Asked Questions" and then to link "Enrolling in Online Banking through Quicken Direct Connect."

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Aaron D Lewis
Bank of America
Seattle, WA

Thanks Aaron.

Is there any other way to connect to credit card account and retrieve the transactions?

Without Direct Connect, Quicken and QuickBooks both can use web connect express to effectively screen scrape your accounts from the banks OLB site on your behalf.  You provide your OLB credentials and it does the rest.  Another option is to login to OLB yourself and from the Account Details page download a Quicken Web Connect file and then manually import that one account into Quicken (or QB).  Both options do NOT permit the same PFM functionality Direct Connect users get, e.g. transfers, bill pay, statement download and email with bank customer reps, hwoever everything else the PFM client does is golden.

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Aaron D Lewis
Bank of America
Seattle, WA

Hi Aaron,

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  I mean to ask whether there is a possibility to retrieve the transactions from checking, savings or credit card accounts without Direct Connect or without using Quicken and QuickBooks.

Based on the OFX specs, I have written a small application wherein any user can select the desired bank (suppose in this case Bank of America), give their credentials and account number and then retrieve the corresponding transactions.

So far looks like I cannot do this using OFX.  Any idea how I can achieve this using C# code?

Thanks.

Our OFX Direct Connect implementation requires the user be subscribed for the service.  Without this there is no way for a user to get the data you seek using Direct Connect.  Intuit products can get the data using Web Connect as described in my prior post.  Direct Connect is an OFX interface but still the user must be subscribed to the service.  Using C# or any other language won't matter.

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Aaron D Lewis
Bank of America
Seattle, WA

Understood.  Thanks a lot.

I use ofxclient, which I pulls this information from ofxhome. How do we get the info updated on ofxhome.

Of that i'm not sure wassupdoc.  I would hope someone from this site would be able to answer that.  Perhaps post the same question in another forum... they may not be watching this thread.

Dear Aaron,

I am developing a financial product and I was wondering if your OFX interface allows any way to query the details of individual checks from a deposit. Specifically in a business account that uses the check scanning app: https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallbusi … signin.go.

More specifically my goal is to reconcile those checks with invoices within my accounting system -- to help mark the correct invoice as paid. Could you let me know if there's a way to do this through OFX, or another/better way? This is all specific to BofA.

Thanks and regards,
Daniel Bromberg
Founder, BaseZen Consulting

aaron.d.lewis wrote:

Our OFX Direct Connect implementation requires the user be subscribed for the service.  Without this there is no way for a user to get the data you seek using Direct Connect.  Intuit products can get the data using Web Connect as described in my prior post.  Direct Connect is an OFX interface but still the user must be subscribed to the service.  Using C# or any other language won't matter.

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Aaron D Lewis
Bank of America
Seattle, WA

I have been successfully downloading my BOA credit card transactions via ofx direct connect for several months.  Within the past few weeks, I now get "The file or folder eftx.bankofamerica.com does not exist."  I have unmapped and remapped the account, which shows it recognizes and accepts my userid and password, and it does show the correct account number.  Does anyone know if anything at BOA has changed recently which might cause this, or do I need to dig for a more local problem?  (I have not changed any configuration I can think of which would cause this, but I'm willing to look wherever I'm likely to find a fix.

Me too.  I am also getting "The file or folder eftx.bankofamerica.com does not exist." in KmyMoney 4.8

BOA and BOA CC have worked great for me for years, but in the last few days I'm getting a 'username/password' error. I haven't changed anything and can still log on to the website with my same credentials. Anyone know of anything at BOA changing?

17 (edited by tstout 2017-09-30 08:46:51)

I have experienced the same issue as packpike - user/password error. I have been using the OFX interface provided by BOA for years. I contacted BOA's technical support twice. Unfortunately, they did not know anything about OFX. My problem started a few days ago as well. I finally found a way to submit an email request to BOA giving very specific details. I received an automated response, saying sorry, can't help, call tech support. Of course it was the same number I had already called. It would be wonderful for this to continue working. I really don't want to resort to screen scrapes.

We are experiencing this same issue. The last day we were able to connect was 09/25/2017 around 6pm EST (our code does not run over night) then on 09/26/2017 at 9am the first failure was recorded. This code had been operational for about 7+ years.

We got bad 'user/password' combo message... after repeated attempts our server was (from what we can tell) black listed.

BofA blames our app. That everything on their end is working and it is a problem on our end. The deny having blacklisted us.
their "management" add-on ($15/month) was removed then re-added in the hopes that doing so would resolve the issue - this was advised by BofA rep.

After changing public IP and using a CLEAN+BLANK server only making the OFX logon request we get the same bad user+password combo error. After a few attempts we are black listed again.

I know we are being blacklisted because instead of getting bad user/pass errors the server times-out after several minutes of waiting. We change IPs and the process begins again... bad credentials then timeouts.

After several calls and continued denials, BofA promised to escalate the issue to another team who would be calling 24-48 hours after that call. About 36 hours have passed.

We have also attempted to

- Use TAXID as username (failed).
- Changing passwords
- Changing password complexity.
- Changing ORG to other names - cant find the source link now but changing this or FID generated a session error instead of bad credentials.

Did they change the authentication method to OAuth?

maybe
                <ORG>HAN
                <FID>5959

are no longer valid?

Also, to avoid being blacklisted we have implemented a function that uses this username:

anonymous00000000000000000000000

and any password. This generates a successful login which resets the bad credentials counter. So much for security.

BofA Called... they implemented on the 25-26 period a new security update.

They refuse to explain what is this new security feature because telling me would basically be telling the bad guys how to get into the bank. right...

I bit the bullet and installed QB2018 (purchased with the tech person being connected through webex) and created a dummy company. entered my credentials and to her and my surprise... there was no popup asking me to accept the connection to bank of america.

According to their official response now that QB is configured I should have been taken back to bank of america and prompted to allow this access. Either that or upon my next login to BofA.com I should receive a message... no message ever appeared.

this leads me to believe that either there is a new 'secret' ORG or a new server.. they also refuse to accept that they have blacklisted my server.

QB automagically works while our software fails and they do not support anything that is not quickbooks.

does anyone know where QB keeps the logs for the OFX connection?

20 (edited by oweux 2017-10-04 15:47:44)

solution found!

it 'only' took $200+ to buy quickbooks and about 10 hours of developer time.

I wonder if the [intuit + bofa mafia] can be sued. Any attorneys here?

bofa wont tell us so the bad guys don't know how to hack them... their security changes are not making anyone secure.

They are giving us fake error messages to muddle the issue and throw us off. I will provide anyone that asks the solution via PM or EMAIL -- for free.

or if there is a way to make the solution private I will post here. Am I being paranoid? If I post the solution openly they may break it again and we have a cat and mouse race in our hands.

If you're a PocketSense user look here for the solution:
https://pocketsense.blogspot.com/2017/0 … 4525629453

broke again this morning...

Have you switched to ofx header version 103, per other threads on this forum?

New problem as of past few days.  For both by checking and credit card account, I get

There has been an error with your session. Please call your Customer Service Representative with reference number 20130.  (that for CC, for checking the number is 20114.)

BOA Customer Support could only find that OFX Direct Connect (based on best understanding of whatever exact words she was reading from her source) was going to be discontinued in October, and might already have been discontinued in some cases.  She had no answer why I hadn't received any notice of this change.  She did provide me an 800 number for some other group who supposedly could help, but when I called (they were not available on Sunday) it turned out to be Intuit, so I didn't bother, as I'm quite sure they will just say "unsupported software."  (I'm using KMyMoney.)

I'm also now waiting for a return message from my BOA contact, but I'm not very hopeful, as that route has not been very helpful with technical issues in the past.

I recently got a message from Quicken saying that Bank of America is changing the way Quicken connects to it. Here is a page on Quicken's site about this:

https://www.quicken.com/support/why-am- … ket_mylist

One part of the above says:

Bank of America is discontinuing Direct Connect and Express Web Connect, and updating to a new method of providing data to applications like Quicken, called EWC+. Going forward, you'll use a bank-hosted sign-in form to authorize downloads. The overall process for adding accounts and downloading is the same, but the screen you use to sign in to Bank of America will look different.

For your security, Bank of America may periodically request that you reauthorize your accounts in Quicken by signing in again. This may happen every 90 days or so.

Does anyone know how "EWC+" works?

I used to be able to use Fiddler to watch Quicken's communication with Bank of America and figure things like this out, but when I try it now, it looks like Quicken no longer talks to Bank of America directly, it talks to Intuit.