Topic: Cannot get Capital One banking account working

Hello,

Despite being able to use this many months ago with gnucash, I cannot get capital one direct connect working.  I confirmed with their online support that direct connect works with quickbooks, but I cannot get it working with gnucash/aqbanking, no matter what.

I choose this one:

Capital One Bank (after 12-15-13)

but it generates this:

0:12:29 Status for signon request: General error (Code 2000, severity "ERROR")
Error other than those specified by the remaining error codes. (Note: Servers should provide a more specific error whenever possible. Error code 2000 should be reserved for cases in which a more specific code is not available.)
20:12:29 Status for account info request: Signon invalid (Code 15500, severity "ERROR")
The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or password.
20:12:29 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

Despite using the same user/pass through the web.

What to do?

Re: Cannot get Capital One banking account working

The error messages seem to rarely be useful.  First confirm the web name/password is the right one to use.  Also see if you can find out if the password has been set so it must be changed on first use.  (I think that might be the 15500 error.)  I don't know of any software other than Quicken that is actually capable of this.  My bank required it, but I managed to speak with an actually useful rep who set the account so it thought the password had been changed.

Re: Cannot get Capital One banking account working

ostroffjh wrote:

The error messages seem to rarely be useful.  First confirm the web name/password is the right one to use.  Also see if you can find out if the password has been set so it must be changed on first use.  (I think that might be the 15500 error.)  I don't know of any software other than Quicken that is actually capable of this.  My bank required it, but I managed to speak with an actually useful rep who set the account so it thought the password had been changed.

that was really a good information. just like you, my bank also have a very accommodating representative that answers all my questions promptly. i think that's the qualities of a reps that others should follow. checking password first is an ideal one to do.